Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mourning Thunderstorm




Here I sit alone in my room,
comfy and dry,
while an approaching Thunderstorm
threatens the sky.

        As I'm watching 'doppler radar'
        on my TV,
        a mischievous Seth is coming
        to flirt by me.

                He is presently overhead
                deluging down
                a spectacular display of
                hail, fire, and sound.

                As I'm watching 'traffic update'
                on my TV,
                why does a brief schadenfreude
                come over me?

                Drivers flounder in traffic, while
                cars wade flash flood;
                creeks' banks overflow shortly their
                water and mud.

        As fast as He came upon me
        He leaves post-haste,
        but a memory remains of
        myself embraced.

Here I sit alone in my room,
comfy and dry,
while the departing Thunderstorm
placates the sky.



◊ Set (Seth), God of Storms http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/set.htm


1 comment: