Monday, April 13, 2009

On the road to a tea party


FOX News flak sheep
D'ya pull any wool
O'er eyes, o'er eyes?
Tea bags — full!
Some for the Palins,
Some for the Hucks,
And some for the FOX 'n Friends who
Think Obama sucks.



re Glenn Beck Gets Ready To Tea Bag

posted to Read Write Poem: road trip

(A poem about cars, Driving My Audie,


To drive my Audie [my speedster's nickname]
Is sweet dessert that tops off a dull day.
I take my Audie for a spin. My heart's aflame.
"Keep me well-lubed," his manual would say.
His rounded rear bumper up to his fore,
His sleek and smooth exterior kept buff,
Eagerly greets me opening his door:
"Please, drive me hard until you've had enough."
His engine revs up; I'm ready to roll.
I lay rubber, stick-shifting low to high.
Exhilarating speed: food for the soul.
Going fast, going slow, 'til end draws nigh.
I spurt to the finish, my head is spun.
To a stop, Audie sputters—one last gasp.
His engine cools down, piston-action done.
I release his shift stick from my firm clasp.
    "Adios," he says, "my driver most fond."
    "Vaya con Speedos, amor," I respond.


is from September, 2008.)



10 comments:

  1. I love the Fox/Glenn Beck poem.
    Very clever poem about your car...it speeds along just like car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok.. thaz hilarious... sheep and all tho i cannot help but to think the mad hatter's tea party... start at the beginning and when you come to the end stop... imagine a 60s psychedelic bus ...may i mention tea had become very hi-priced...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sitting here cracking up, especially about the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love 'em

    I used to talk to my car until he/she/it refused to answer me back...

    ReplyDelete
  5. First poem - very funny. And in the second poem, you capture so well, the strange love we can have with our cars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. first very funny....just like Fox news and I always sing to my truck

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL LOVE the first one! The second one reminds me WHY I fight with my husband about the ownership of the truck ;o) LOL.


    http://lori102870.blogspot.com/2009/04/turn-my-keythree-in-one-blogby-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Ann

    http://externallaptop.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comments!

    (The dumbnuts are out today 2009/04/15 on FOX News Channel -- all day, no doubt.)

    ReplyDelete