Monday, April 27, 2009

Seeing red


   
   
from flickr.com/photos/34337264@N06



Angry whitemen seeing red.
        Seeding children, hatred fed.
"Kenyan, Go Home!" "Pinkos, Die!"
        Race-bait magic works its lie.
Posters plenty, bags of tea.
        Redneck solidarity.
Blaming others for their lack,
        Seething red and thinking 'black'.






for Read Write Poem: seeing red

Note: "[Russ] Carnahan" (top left) is Democratic US Representative from Missouri's 3rd Congressional District



6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this. Every line packed a punch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny--I used a different prompt but wrote about the same thing...

    Your poem is pointed and effective. I shouted Amen at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poem was very black and white in its metaphor. I love the passion that "red" brings into it. Scary photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LIKE this lots...like erin I just about did something the same..then my dam mind went offfffffffffffffffffffffff in another direction

    ReplyDelete