Monday, August 23, 2010

My stories


"my stories"
my grandmother would say,
"I've got to watch my stories"

that's all I knew they were called
when I was six going on seven
and my World Turns around

Captain Kangaroo       Concentration
           Art Linkletter's House Party       The Millionaire
                  et cetera

but between these were
her "stories"

I never really watched the "stories"
then, or ever, but occasionally, now

I'll peek and I see there is some steamy
gay romancing mixed in on the few that are left

stuff certainly my grandmother never saw
on day-time tv, or wouldn't see on prime-time tv
even now, not like that

but all these stories are dying
and just when things are getting interesting

and when they are all gone
I'll miss what I missed


No comments:

Post a Comment