Saturday, November 13, 2010

Paws to reflect


I'm the one with four feet down,
The only one with purring sound.
The only kin I'll ever know:
The tall bipeds who come and go.
My meow brings sweet tuna meal;
I couldn't have a better deal.
From laps to naps to window sill,
That bird outside I'll never kill.
The one biped who turns my ear,
The one whom I hold to most dear:
He plays with me with stick and twine;
I play along, and I feel fine.
(The only times I'd soon forget
 Is when he takes me to the vet.)
I wipe my whiskers 'gainst a leg
for rubs I never have to beg.
My family are not like me,
But I'm as happy as can be.


*     *     *     *

placed in Poets United Think Tank #23: Family


6 comments:

  1. What a lucky cat, can I meow now for my tuna meal?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, independent of spirit. Like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Philip,

    Indeed it is easy to overlook the importance of the friendship and companionship pets bring to their owners.
    I loved the poem as seen from the cat's point of view!!!

    Eileen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fair enough - gotta couple of those in the family too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect poem about our furry family members that we love with all our hearts. Good to get a cat's-eye view of it...:)

    ReplyDelete