Wednesday, May 23, 2012

If you were a God what kind of a God would you be?



"And so the question is this: If you were a God what kind of a God would you be? What would your philosophy of creation be?"

"What kind of God would I want to be? Ooh."

"Like a screenwriter is like a deterministic God. They control the outcome of events."

"Oh, I see, yes…I would try to be a God that surprised himself. I think being the all-knowing God would be, you know, hell."


Jon Lawhead
plus.google.com/u/0/103315650425474752023/posts/W5WqXhcBZmr


I would be a god
who would only create universes in which no suffering ever occurs.
(I don't know if that's possible.)

I therefore could not be any god of this universe,
if one exists (which I doubt).
One should hope there is none.



No comments:

Post a Comment