Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Acts Of The Holy Ghost ~ Scene 2


  • Judea. H.G. and GABRIEL find MARY.
  •  
  • GABRIEL
  • What a dusty place. Who chose this again?
  • H.G.
  • Who else.
  • [Points up.]
  • GABRIEL
  • So we are supposed to find a pretty but pure female to inplant the Lord's stuff. You got the cum-tainer?
  • H.G.
  • Yeah. And a syringe. I want you to do the insemination. I want to keep my hands clean.
  • GABRIEL
  • Bitch.
  • [MARY appears. She is pushing away some hooting and hollering young men who want to get it on with her.]
  • GABRIEL
  • Scram punks!
  • [H.G. stays in background. Boys run away.]
  • MARY
  • Thank you.
  • GABRIEL
  • No problem. You must be a good woman, not letting those punks have their way with you.
  • MARY
  • I have a boyfriend. I'm keeping myself for him.
  • GABRIEL
  • I respect that. Do you believe in the Lord?
  • MARY
  • Oh, yes. I love the Lord.
  • [H.G. lurking in background gives 'thumb up'.]
  • GABRIEL
  • I don't know how best to explain this to you, but I am an angel of the Lord. And you have been chosen to bear his son. And you will name him "Jesse", because he is "God's gift" to you, and you will raise him as your own here on Earth.
  • MARY
  • Are you kidding me?
  • GABRIEL
  • It will happen in your sleep tonight. You won't feel a thing.
  • MARY
  • I don't know what to say. What will I tell Joseph? That's my boyfriend.
  • GABRIEL
  • Go home. Get Joseph drunk and put him to bed. Then go to sleep yourself. In the morning, tell him you two 'got together' last night. He'll have to marry you soon before you start showing or people will stone you to death. But keep it your secret and let him think it's his.
  • MARY
  • I am so blessed! To have God's son! I'll do as you say.
  •  
  • [Fade to black.]



The Acts Of The Holy Ghost ~ A Play In One Act



No comments:

Post a Comment