Monday, January 5, 2009

The Geek Poet's Tale [the sixth fragment]


[continued from the fifth fragment]

   After his Ginsberg-Walt-Whitman conjunction rendition,

   The Beat poet's bag of hashish reclaimed his attention.


As the Beat poet toked, I revoked, and reposed on my

Thoughts of our contrasting style as he easily got high.

This earthly beat poetry, arty and hip, would teeter

My mathematic precision and technical meter.

I had tasted his poetic and set my next venture

On seeing what would be the next-up poetry feature.

As he seemed to doze off into a distant tranquil haze,

A bus stopped at its stop. I boarded. That set the next stage ...




[this ends the sixth fragment*]

________________
* More to be published, as they are recovered from Blogosphere's backed-up blogs. -pt

No comments:

Post a Comment